Scotch 2228 Rubber Mastic Tape is a conformable, self-fusing rubber electrical insulating and sealing tape. It consists of an ethylene propylene rubber (EPR) backing coated with an aggressive, temperature-stable mastic adhesive. The tape is made 65 mils (1.65 mm) thick for quick application build-up and is designed for electrical insulating and moisture sealing applications. Scotch 2228 can be used on copper or aluminum conductors rated at 90C, with an emergency overload rating of 130 C. It also offers excellent resistance to moisture and ultraviolet exposure and is intended for both indoor and weather-exposed outdoor applications.
- Provides protection against uv rays with its ethylene propylene rubber backing
- Tape measures 1 in x 10 ft x 65 mil
- Primary electrical insulation for cable and wire connections and vibration padding for motor leads rated up to 1000 volts
- Thick construction allows quick application buildup and padding over irregular connections
- Withstands temperatures up to 194 degrees f 90 degrees c
- Professional grade.
- Great moisture sealing properties.